How To Create a Picasa Field
1) You will first want to create a Google account so that you have a user name and password.
- Go to Google and sign up for a new picasa (image hosting) account.
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: **********
2) The next step will be to log into your eMaint X3 account and click on the “My Account,” link which will be located to the top right of your screen.
- Click on the pencil icon next to “External Interfaces.”
- You will then want to insert your Google user name and password in this section.
3) After adding your user name and password you will want to navigate to the form you are trying to add the image field to.
- Go to options and then customize form
- You will then want to click on one of the yellow folder icons to add a new field.
- Create a new field and make sure for the field length to include 254 characters.
4) Once the new field is created you will want to then go back into the properties of the field by clicking on the screwdriver/wrench icon.
- Change the behavior from Default to Picasa.
Additional Items to Check
- Make sure eMaint is listed as a trusted site in your browsers preferences.
- Make sure that the pop-up blocker is disabled.
You will then be able to edit your records and upload images into your newly created field.